The following were prepared by Fixstars staff or the greater YDL community and are specific to Yellow Dog Linux v.6.0 and v.6.1.
Installation, Updates, & Applications:
- How to locate your lost E17 Shelf.
- How to install/remove applications using the Package Manager.
- How to update applications using the Package Updater.
- How to update, install, remove local packages using yum.
- How to update BMC on a PowerStation
- How to use Flash memory as swap on a PS3.
- How to use ps3vram as swap.
- How to reset boot partition settings
- How to enable Bluetooth support for the PS3 Sixaxis controller
Audio / Video
- Enabling 2D Acceleration for Powerbooks.
- How to use two monitors.
- PS3 video is a complicated matter. It is suggested that you review the following HOWTOs in order:
- Wireless Networking – v.6.1
- PS3 Wireless Networking – v.6.0 only
- How to configure Sony PS3 Wi-Fi for use in YDL v.6.0
- How to configure encryption on Sony PS3 Wi-Fi for use in YDL.
- How to switch back to wired networking after using wireless.
- How to get WPA working on a PS3. (3rd party, not validated by TSS Staff)
- How to use a Sony Walkman W810i as a modem through AT&T.
- How to use some wireless tools.